We Join Together in London
I would like to invite you to a family event on the afternoon of Sunday 27th November at the Muslim World League mosque on Charlotte Street in central London, minutes from Goodge Street tube station.
The afternoon will be an opportunity to meet and mingle with other likeminded Muslims, to discuss what our priorities should be in London and plan for action in 2017. There will also be a parallel programme in the same building for secondary school age Muslims so that they can meet other young Muslims from around London.
The evening will be an opportunity to:
- Hear from and discuss what the overall national vision of the Islamic Society of Britain is for 2017
- Discuss what are the key issues/misconceptions in relation to Islam that we as Muslim communities in London need to address with fellow Londoners of other faiths or of no faith
- Discuss what sort of social action and community volunteering could be developed in the Greater London region in order to address local need
- Help develop an action plan for 2017 about how to implement ideas that have been discussed
- Form a “shura” (consultative and management committee) to implement agreed actions in partnership with members and supporter
Everyone welcome at the event, young, old, members, non-members, women and men
Whilst only current members are able to join the local Shura, you are welcome to invite along other Muslims who want to hear about how they can get involved in work to promote a positive view of Islam and to change society for the better. Membership is open for children from secondary school age upwards.
How to book a place…
There is no cost to attend but you are asked to register on Eventbrite for free so that we can confirm the numbers to be in attendance. You can do so at here!