What YM can do for your children
It’s difficult to believe that it’s been almost a month since The Young Muslims UK Residential: ‘We Rise By Lifting Others’ at Condover Hall!
We had the most incredible fun-packed weekend with eighty 12-17 year olds with: workshops, discussions, talent show, camp fire, praying and reading Quran together, reflections by young people, challenging activities: buggy building, challenge course, abseiling, laser quest /Grid of stones, Aerial trek and so much more!
The programme was designed to help give our young people a renewed sense of confidence in being a Muslim in Britain, as well as acknowledge the responsibility we have to making our society a better, fairer place for all. The sessions helped to strengthen our connection with God, encourage team-building, build self-confidence, aid in communication techniques, and deepen our understanding of the importance of ‘how and why’ we rise by ‘lifting others’.
What some of the young people told us about the weekend:
- 14 year old male: ‘It was different to what I though it would be like – a BRILLIANT different!’
- 12 year old female: It was an exhilarating experience!
- 15 year old male: I loved meeting new people and learning new things
- 13 year old female: The best part was the presentations/workshops and prayers, because they helped me a lot.
- 12 year old male: I loved Aerial Trek and Muslims Have Got Talent – enjoyable and fun!
- 17 year old female: A good spiritual setting and great mentors!
- 16 year old male: The mentors were excellent! I loved all of it THANK YOU!
What parents told us:
- ‘Jazak’Allah Khairan for inspiring and taking care of our youth’
- ‘My kids had a really good time. After coming back, my daughter, nieces and nephew keep asking when the next one is!’
- ‘Thanks ISB for the amazing experience – my kids loved it!’
- ‘I just wanted to write to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the fantastic effort and work you put in to creating and running the YM weekend at Condover. We have been desperate for something like this … May Allah swt bless and reward you hugely for this input into our child’s life, which cannot be under-estimated.’
All in all a pretty exceptional weekend MA! I’d like to take the opportunity to thank our brilliant volunteers and mentors for sacrificing their time and energy to enable it to be such a success.
If you think this would benefit your children then why not join us ?